What should you look for in a MonkeyLearn alternative?
From our experience, these four factors matter most:
Quick Analysis: What to Look For in a MonkeyLearn Alternative
In this guide, we’ll discuss how SentiSum (our support and feedback analytics software) excels in the above areas.
Then, we’ll list two other MonkeyLearn competitors to help you make a more informed decision.
Top MonkeyLearn Alternatives (In a Nutshell)
These are the tools we'll look at today:
Each are worthy alternatives—now let's take a look at how each one works.
1. Alternative #1: SentiSum
Quick summary: SentiSum's AI provides granular insights on all customer support and feedback channels. The tagging engine is specific and accurate, and the dashboard is easy-to-use yet powerful. SentiSum's latest update allows you to ask any question to your customers insights, like ChatGPT for your customer.
👋 SentiSum is the leading MonkeyLearn alternative: Read our G2 reviews here
SentiSum’s AI-powered analytics platform gives you deep insights into all your voice of customer channels.
The platform offers:
- Quantitative evidence of the drivers of customer sentiment. The detail and accuracy of the insights ensure teams across your company can act with confidence
- Ability to quickly switch between feedback channels (from voice calls to customer reviews) all in one platform.
- Ability to “deep dive” your tags. From the high-level down to the granular, you can explore your customer feedback insights in the way you need.
Compared to MonkeyLearn:
- MonkeyLearn is a DIY tool. You give it seed data and help train their AI. Whereas, SentiSum doesn't put any of the work on you—our team does the setup and you simply login and start viewing your insights.
- MonkeyLearn's insights aren't as granular and detailed. Their insight platform generally gives high level tags and topics, whereas SentiSum gets you to the nitty-gritty of your customer's needs.
Here’s how SentiSum looks against the 4 factors we outlined above.
Factor 1: SentiSum provides actually granular and actionable insights
Any customer sentiment analysis tool is only as useful as the insights it provides.
As your customer support teams are engaging with customers all the time, they’ll likely have high-level insights into how those customers are feeling generally. As such, the value of support and feedback software will be in delivering deep, concrete, and actionable information that you wouldn’t have known already.
SentiSum extracts highly granular information from your customer feedback and support tickets using sentiment analysis. Powered by natural language processing (NLP), our technology can understand the tone of what customers are saying, not just the keywords—giving you deeper insight into how customers are feeling.
With SentiSum, you can:
- Easily discover the real root causes of negative sentiment. You may have an idea that customers are dissatisfied with your delivery service, but you may not know specifically why. SentiSum lets you quickly see relevant key phrases that come up across all your support tickets. For instance, you might discover that “damaged package” comes up a lot. You can click through to see who mentioned it and why.
- Track customer sentiment related to specific products. If you’ve launched a new product, you can search through all your customer interactions to see how it’s being received. You’ll quickly have access to every single mention of that product.
- Unpack deeper insights with sentiment tags. SentiSum analyzes and tags every single support ticket and piece of customer feedback as soon as it comes in. You can click through top-level tags and keywords or dig deeper into sub-tags, to get as much detail as you need.
- Ask questions on anything related to your customer support and quickly receive an answer. Any team member can simply ask SentiSum a question in natural language, and the AI assistant will instantly provide an answer using data from across all your feedback.
SentiSum gives support and feedback teams all of the information they need to understand and take action on customer sentiment. Whether that’s identifying reasons for product returns or tracking what customers are saying about your payment journey, all the insights you need are right here in SentiSum.
Factor 2: SentiSum's AI analyzes all your feedback channels
The average medium or large enterprise receives 100,000s of support tickets every month, over the phone, through webchats, social media, emails, or surveys. The sheer volume is too much for any team to handle in a timely way.
An additional problem for many organizations, though, is that customer sentiment from different channels often gets siloed in different tools and teams. One team may track customer surveys using one tool, while another may use a different tool to monitor online reviews—even if it’s the same customers that are providing this feedback.
Alternatively, a holistic customer sentiment tool like SentiSum brings all these different channels into a single platform, to provide a complete picture of what customers are saying.
- Follow customer sentiment across every channel. Rather than scattering your feedback, SentiSum brings it all together. It gives you a complete picture of what customers are saying, no matter what channel they’re using to say it.
- Access sentiment from phone calls too. MonkeyLearn is limited to text analysis. SentiSum unlocks the insights that would otherwise be hidden in your phone calls, for an additional stream of sentiment.
- Bring survey and support insights together. Often, the same customer who responds to a survey may also leave a support ticket. Being able to see how a single customer interacts with you across multiple channels gives you further insights into how you can improve for them.
SentiSum’s AI can analyze and extract data from your customer tickets in over 100 languages, meaning that you won’t miss anything your customers are saying about you.
Factor 3: SentiSum is simple to use (no technical skills needed)
If you have any experience with MonkeyLearn, you’ll know that it takes some time to get started. SentiSum works differently. You don’t need any technical skills or training to set it up. Instead, it’s built so that it’s as simple as possible for different teams to access the insights they need.
- Visit SentiSum’s dashboard to immediately see key trends and data. As soon as you log in, you’ll be able to check survey trends, critical drivers of sentiment, any key changes, and much more. Quantitative customer sentiment data is at your fingertips.
- Search like it’s Google but for customer sentiment data. Simply search by topic, keyword, or a question in natural language, and be served answers and relevant data from across all of your support channels.
- Make and share beautiful reports in a matter of clicks. If you need to share or present your customer support data, that shouldn’t be hard work. SentiSum will do the heavy lifting and design for you so that leaders or other team members can see everything they need.
When you have your customers to deal with, you don’t want to have to wrestle with your feedback tool at the same time. Your software is supposed to make life easier—and SentiSum does exactly that.
Factor 4: SentiSum’s dashboard is flexible, modern, and empowering
How your insights are presented and accessed is almost just as important as the insights themselves. If every team was forced to use exactly the same dashboard, they’d have to sift through irrelevant information to find the data they actually need.
MonkeyLearn offers custom reporting and insights. But as you may well know, you need to build those customizations yourself, often with the help of third-party integrations.
Whereas with SentiSum, you can easily customize your dashboards for different teams, with the help of advanced automation.
- Let SentiSum route conversations to the right place, automatically. No matter what channel customers are using, SentiSum will instantly analyze their comment and direct it to whoever is best placed to solve their issues.
- Customize your dashboard for insights that are specific to your department. For instance, marketers can set up their dashboards to flag customer interactions about specific campaigns, or logistics teams can highlight delivery issues or broken items.
- See support tickets and survey responses in separate dashboards. If one team is responsible for CSAT and NPS surveys and another for support tickets, SentiSum lets them easily see what’s most important for them. However, they’ll still have access to all customer data if they need it.
Here's what the public reviews say (check out more reviews on G2):
- SentiSum is really easy to set up and gain insights from. “I think I only spent about half an hour with the team at SentiSum when we first got it and I was able to pick it up quite easily, the technology is quite intuitive.” Bhavik Patel, Hopin. Read the case study here.
- SentiSum supports action to improve the customer experience. “Overall, SentiSum has been a game changer for Butternut Box. It’s allowed the company to gain a deeper understanding of customer feedback so they can take action, prioritize key metrics, and drive meaningful change across the entire business.” Selene Riontino, Insights Lead at Butternut Box. Find out more here.
- SentiSum is highly flexible for different use cases and teams. "We're very impressed by the technology itself, but even more so by the relentless effort the team puts in to support our specific use case." Johannes Ganter, Head of CRM and Digital Transformation at James Villas. Learn more about their story here.
- SentiSum focuses on analyzing and producing insights from support and feedback channels. If you want a tool that analyzes all types of text, like MonkeyLearn, SentiSum may not be appropriate.
- SentiSum may be too costly for smaller brands with lower volumes of tickets.
SentiSum offers two pricing plans that are flexible to suit your needs:
- Pro tier. This is designed for mid-market companies and starts at $3,000 a month. You get to analyze 5,000 conversations, historical data from the last 6 months, and much more.
- Enterprise tier. This plan is entirely customizable based on your needs. Pricing fits your required number of users, conversations, and languages.
Interested in making the switch to SentiSum? Book a demo with us to see how it can work for your organization.
2. Alternative #2: Idiomatic
Quick summary: Idiomatic is honestly pretty similar to SentiSum in design and functionality. We can appreciate their use of design and quick implementation of generative AI into their platform to summarize support tickets.
Idiomatic is a voice of the customer tool that’s designed to be incredibly easy to use. Like SentiSum, it doesn’t require that you train its AI or configure any settings before use. Instead, with the help of extensive automations, it helps to make customer sentiment analysis as smooth as possible.
How Idiomatic is Different to SentiSum
- Both SentiSum and Idiomatic have implemented AI to help summarize insights. However, SentiSum is more flexible—it allows you to ask any question you desire to your customer insights (whereas Idiomatic simply summarizes insights).
- SentiSum is designed to be self-serve. Users can fully customize the data that's presented and can "tweak and tune" the settings themselves. Whereas, G2 reviews indicate Idiomatic users feel dependent on Idiomatic customer success to customize the dashboard.
- At SentiSum, we pride ourselves on the detail and granularity of the feedback insights we unearth. Some Idiomatic users say that getting really specific with the insights needs work.
Idiomatic Pros and Cons:
- Idiomatic is really clear and easy to use. It provides basic information and prevents you from getting distracted by the nitty gritty, by summarizing customer sentiment tickets. It also doesn’t require any training or complex setup to use.
- Idiomatic performs strongly when it comes to customer feedback. Its technology was built for analyzing simple customer surveys, and that’s where it shines.
- Idiomatic works less well for support tickets. These often need to be managed manually, as Idiomatic’s system can miss key insights.
- Idiomatic cannot always be customized to fit every user. Reviews raise the issue that if you want to customize the dashboard, you need to get in touch with support, who will do it for you.
Idiomatic pricing is determined by the number of data sources you use, such as help desk tickets, surveys, and comments:
- $399 a month, per simple data source (such as reviews, social media, or simple surveys)
- $1,999 a month, per complex data source (such as support tickets or more complex surveys).
3. Alternative #3: SupportLogic
Quick summary: A powerful tool for B2B teams, with a lot of emphasis on automation. It won’t be a good fit for B2Cs.
SupportLogic is another MonkeyLearn competitor that’s built specifically for B2B teams. Like the other tools in this list, SupportLogic makes use of AI to analyze support tickets and feedback and provide you with clear insights.
One of the most impressive aspects is the way it helps you proactively prevent and reduce customer dissatisfaction. Its powerful automation tools flag up situations where customers are at risk of churn, for instance, by analyzing their sentiment. This enables you to take action before losing revenue.
Of course, SupportLogic is built specifically with B2B use cases in mind. That means it won’t be useful for retail or direct-to-customer businesses.
Idiomatic Pros and Cons:
- SupportLogic is really strong in the B2B use case. Its AI is specifically trained on B2B support tickets—meaning that’s where its expertise lies.
- SupportLogic has impressive automations that flag up key issues. Using sentiment analysis, SupportLogic flags up high risks of escalation or customer churn, helping you to proactively intervene.
- SupportLogic won’t be a good fit for B2C teams. There are many stronger tools out there if you’re not looking for B2B support.
- SupportLogic focuses on automation over insight. While the automation is strong, the information on customer sentiment is otherwise quite limited.
Unfortunately, SupportLogic does not publicly share its pricing information. Get in touch with them for details.
Choosing the Right MonkeyLearn Competitor Alternative
When looking for MonkeyLearn alternatives, choose a tool that gives you deep, actionable insights into what your customers are saying about you across every channel. The right tool will make this easy, too, without the need for expensive training or fiddly setups.
SentiSum does exactly this, quickly serving detailed insights from customer feedback and support tickets. This way, it helps you feel confident in the improvements you make—and discover issues you never would have discovered otherwise.