This week's Support Insights episode is with Joe Quinlivan, Head of Customer Care at Gousto.
Gousto is has grown to household name status in the UK, serving 25 million recipe boxes to customers each quarter.
Joe joined Gousto as employee number 13 and has seen the company through extraordinary growth:
• From being the first agent to leading an international team as Head of Customer Care
• From 13 to +1,000 employees
• From 300 meals sold per week to 25 million sold in Q1 2021
During this time, the Gousto team has built one of the most efficient, empowering customer care teams in existence—and they've won the European Contact Centre of the Year Awards two years running for it.
In this episode, we learn:
• How Gousto automates 50% of customer contacts using a complex self-serve tech stack.
• How Gousto has built a flexible, remote-working operating model that makes them resilient to fluctuating customer demands.
• How Gousto's training, development and focus on agent engagement has helped them beat industry averages on eNPS.
• How Gousto is deploying preventative fixes using data-analytics driven alerts
• Why customer service insights are critical to creating win-win-win situations at Gousto.
This episode is particularly exciting for us at SentiSum. As one of our early customers, the Gousto team's feedback was instrumental in building our product, and we can't thank them enough.
Here are our favourite quotes from the episode:
“We intentionally never use the word deflection or anything along those lines. We think that’s the wrong approach. What we’re trying to do is empower our customers to self-serve, because we know they value the efficiency of self-service. We only want to reduce contacts through the lens of customer experience."
Read more about how your use of language can improve customer service here.
“We’ve set up alert dashboards internally so that if specific types of contacts increase beyond a historic threshold, we’ll send alerts directly to the team in charge to let them know we’ve seen a spike. It allows them to dig into the root cause of the issue immediately, so we can solve the issues for future customers.”
“The quicker we can share insights with the rest of the business, the quicker they can resolve it for the customer. So it’s better for customer experience. It reduces contacts. It’s a win-win-win. The more data we can share the better.”
Hope you enjoy the episode!