There are so many voice-of-customer analytics tools out there—where do you even start? 😵💫
Well, instead of creating another (typically poorly researched and frankly quite boring) long list of “top 10 tools”, we decided to take a different approach.
We’ve chosen just three tools that we know REALLY well. And we’re going to explain exactly how they work and why you should consider them.
We admit one of those tools is ours (Hi, from us at SentiSum). We back ourselves to impress you because we’ve seen the results our clients get, but we’re also not here to dump on our competitors.
We’re great at what we do, and so are they. But for different reasons.
Before we get into the tools themselves, let’s take a look at what makes a useful voice of customer analysis tool. We asked our own CX team to weigh in.
Quick Analysis: What to Look For in a Voice of Customer Analytics Tool
Now, let's dive in.
The 3 Best Voice of Customer Analysis Tools
In a nutshell, here are the three Voice of Customer Analysis Tools we'll look at today:
- SentiSum: Best Voice of Customer Analysis Tool for Multichannel Insights
- CustomerGauge: Best Voice of Customer Analysis Tool for B2B Net Promoter Programs
- MonkeyLearn: Best For No-Code Text & Sentiment Analysis
We’ll start by introducing you to SentiSum and how it excels in the four factors.
Then, we'll show you two excellent alternatives: CustomerGauge and MonkeyLearn.
1. SentiSum - The Best Voice of Customer Analysis Tool for Multichannel Insights (Powered by AI)
With SentiSum's voice of customer analytics platform, it's never been easier to understanding your customers and improving their sentiment.
Whether you want a detailed understanding of your CSAT and NPS surveys, or you want to understand trends in why customers are contacting customer support, we’ve got you covered.
How It Works
SentiSum uses machine learning-based AI to understand and analyze qualitative text from any voice of customer channel.
In a nutshell, here’s how it works:
- Natural language processing (NLP) technology consumes and analyzes your voice of customer data.
- Machine learning applies granular tags on customer sentiment, topics, keywords, and more
- SentiSum’s customizable dashboard makes it easy to dig into key, relevant insights, using generative AI to answer any questions you may have.
Who It’s For
Leading data-driven companies like Gousto, Ticketmaster, Hotjar, and Schuh are long-term customers of SentiSum. In general, we find that consumer-facing mid-market and large enterprises get the most value.
The 4 Key Factors
So, let’s dive a little deeper into SentiSum. How do we stack up against the four factors that make an effective voice of customer analysis tool?
Factor 1: Does it analyze feedback from any voice of customer source?
At SentiSum, we consider channels like CSAT surveys, reviews, and social media comments to be "table stakes". Our platform analyzes any feedback source you want, but we’re huge advocates of customer support conversations as a source of voice of the customer insights.
Over the past three years, we’ve pushed our technology to be the best in this area. We even released Voice Call analytics—where our AI transcribes, analyzes, and offers detailed insights into customer sentiment, call topic, and agent performance.
SentiSum is now one of the few completely omnichannel solutions for VoC analysis.
Factor 2: Does it give actionable insights that help with root cause analytics?
Want to convince teams across your company to take action? You need evidence to support your argument.
SentiSum’s insights give a level of detail that instills confidence. Just check out this review from the CEO of Scandinavian Biolabs:
Our voice of customer analysis tool does that by extracting deep, actionable information and then allowing you to explore those insights in a way that’s completely flexible to your needs.
Here’s an example of the insights you get with SentiSum’s dashboard (we’re SO excited to share our “ask our AI any question” feature).
- Dig deeper into sentiment and feedback drivers. If your customers are repeatedly mentioning “late delivery”, you can dive deeper to see keywords such as “parcel tracking”. It gives you a much more granular picture of your customers’ issues—and how they’re feeling.
- Search or ask questions and get an immediate answer. You can search for your latest product and see every time customers have mentioned it. Or ask a natural-language question—such as “why have CSAT scores dropped recently?”—and SentiSum’s AI assistant will provide an answer.
SentiSum is built to equip your customer feedback and support teams with the evidence they need to make decisions confidently.
Factor 3: Is the tool easy to use by anyone without technical training?
Too often, customer feedback analysis tools are difficult to set up and require a ton of work by your team. With SentiSum, your teams can start analyzing feedback and making improvements without any training at all.
Our customer success team is incredibly good at what they do. The setup is fast and run by us. From there, we’ve built SentiSum to be as easy to use as possible.
This way, your team can:
- Simply log in and get a clear, real-time picture of key data. You’ll immediately get an understanding of patterns in feedback and customer sentiment, including top negative drivers, how NPS and CSAT scores have changed, and more.
- Quickly find answers to any question you have. SentiSum’s AI assistant can immediately serve detailed, natural-language answers to any query—whether that’s on feedback trends, sentiment drivers, or recent products.
- Search for data and create clear reports in seconds. If a different department has a query, simply search SentiSum and get the answer. Then, you can share those insights into beautiful reports in moments.
Factor 4: Does it integrate with your existing stack?
SentiSum integrates with all major (and most minor) helpdesks and feedback platforms. We're completely secure and follow strict data security regulations—with clients of our size, we're used to managing complex security needs.
We also power several automations for support teams, including:
- Automated ticket routing
- Automated ticket prioritization
- Customer review monitoring
- Social media monitoring
The seamless integration between your voice of customer analysis tool and your support tech drives a ton of positive outcomes—from picking up urgent requests quickly to cutting down resolution time.
If you’re interested in our voice call analytics and agent quality assurance, read more about how that works here.
SentiSum has flexible pricing around feedback/conversation volume and number of channels:
- Pricing starts at $3000 per month and includes both traditional feedback channels (surveys) and modern ones (support conversations). You get unlimited logins and customer success support from our team.
To get more details on pricing and to get a live demo of the platform, book time with us here.
2. CustomerGauge - The Best Voice of Customer Analysis Tool for B2B Net Promoter Programs
CustomerGauge is built to make Net Promoter Programs drive positive revenue outcomes. They not only help you build a high response rate NPS program on customer accounts, but the analytics dashboard connects your NPS responses to account revenue to identify opportunities for retention and upsell.
How It Works
CustomerGauge primarily runs your Net Promoter program—from survey sending to response rate tracking. But they also integrate with all your customer touchpoints to identify customer account health.
Here are two highlights that show how CustomerGauge works:
1/ Closed-Loop Analysis
CustomerGauge helps you make sure all negative feedback has been followed up. Closing the loop is proven to increase customer happiness, so this is an important feature.
As a CX leader, you can quickly understand how much customer feedback is being ignored, and set deadlines for your team to follow up on it.
2/ Identify At-Risk Revenue
Based on Net Promoter Scores, CustomerGauge declares a customer account “safe” or “at-risk”.
With voice of customer data tied to the revenue value of each account, the analytics dashboard shows you exactly how much of your annual revenue is at risk and which accounts are high-priority for your account management team to focus on.
3/ Find revenue opportunities from voice of customer data
Identifying at-risk accounts is one side of the coin, the other is identifying happy accounts—ripe for upsell or cross-sell.
CustomerGauge’s voice of customer analysis dashboard places each of your accounts into four buckets. One of those buckets is “opportunities”—these are happy accounts with a low sales volume compared to their buying power.
This feature makes CustomerGauge incredibly useful for sales teams at large enterprises with low visibility on their customers.
Who It’s For
CustomerGauge works with companies like Coca-Cola, Heineken, and Anheuser-Busch. Their focus is CX and account management teams in the B2B space.
It goes without saying that B2C brands won’t be well-served by this solution—nor will anyone looking for granular insights on customer support conversations.
CustomerGauge Pros & Cons
- CustomerGauge uniquely links customer feedback directly to revenue metrics. It’s a really valuable tool to help you understand how customer sentiment affects your bottom line.
- CustomerGauge is heavily reliant on NPS as a central metric for customer satisfaction. If you want broader insights from a larger range of channels, this might be limiting.
- CustomerGauge is for account teams. If you’re a support or CX team and want insights for your own projects, it may not be perfect for you.
CustomerGauge pricing is not publicly available.
3. MonkeyLearn - Best For DIY Voice of Customer Analysis
MonkeyLearn was one of the first technology companies in the voice of customer analysis software space.
They did something amazing. They allowed non-technical people to conduct sentiment and text analytics on any free text data—no learning to code required.
Although it wasn't always the core use case of the product, as the years passed, customer feedback analysis emerged as core to their platform and they were eventually acquired by voice of customer giant, Medallia in 2022.
We consider MonkeyLearn a close SentiSum alternative. It works across most channels (customer support included, but not voice calls) and integrates with most providers.
However, there are several core differences in our platforms:
How MonkeyLearn is Different from SentiSum
1/ Ease of use
MonkeyLearn’s core proposition is putting the power of advanced text analytics in the everyday user's hands. That means it’s a DIY analytics tool: you must train the AI yourself.
While this means you can use MonkeyLearn for whatever text analysis purposes you wish, it also is complicated and results often aren’t as detailed as Sentisum.
2/ Detail of insights
MonkeyLearn and SentiSum have different ways of visualizing data. For example, MonkeyLearn helps you identify high-level topics in support data (like “technical” and “billing”) but it doesn’t identify the root cause drivers of these topics.
MonkeyLearn puts the power of topic and sentiment analysis in your hands. If you’re willing to get “into the weeds” with data cleaning and model training, MonkeyLearn offers a cost-effective solution for VoC data analysis.
MonkeyLearn Pros and Cons
- MonkeyLearn is extremely adaptable. The tool will handle any ticket channel you can throw at it. You can set up the software to identify industry-specific issues, as you’ll be teaching the AI what to look for yourself.
- MonkeyLearn takes time to set up and doesn’t offer the deepest insights. You need to set up MonkeyLearn before you can use it. Once you’ve started, the insights it provides can be quite limited.
MonkeyLearn costs $299 a month for 10,000 queries. Contact the team there for more nuanced pricing.
More Options: Some Alternative Voice of Customer Analysis Tools
At the beginning of this article, we made it clear that we’d only introduce you to tools we know really well.
That way we would only recommend genuinely useful tools (and be able to really explain their pros and cons).
However, for the sake of transparency, there are several other voice of customer analytics tools you might want to consider.
In particular, these three tools are worthy alternatives to SentiSum:
- Lang AI