This week on the podcast, I’m catching up with Svitlana Gaunt, the Customer Experience Operations Lead at Otrium.
Otrium is the fastest growing startup in the Netherlands. They recently raised a huge $130m in March this year to accelerate the international expansion of their online fashion outlet marketplace.
In this episode, you’ll hear about how Svitlana and the Otrium team successfully set up a brand new outsourcing provider and ensured they delivered on Otrium’s expectations of premium quality customer service.
Listen through to the end to hear a great definition of high-quality customer service, and you'll also get some insightful tips for maintaining a customer-centric culture as you scale up.
- What elements led to a successful outcome
- Why communication and clear expectation setting is key to hitting your targets
- How to make sure your outsourced team is motivated and 'live' your values
- What premium, high-quality customer service is and what elements to strive for
- How to maintain customer-centricity as you scale up a startup
Did you know? We also do an article each week as part of the Support Insights content series, you can subscribe to get actionable strategies each week.
Here are two of my favourite quotes from the episode:
On quality assurance:
"I don't think it's the best approach to look at personal performance. You have to look at the team as a whole. And if you look at them as a whole, they start to act as a whole and start to help each other. That's what we've seen."
On customer-centric visions:
"It's important to have a clear vision of how everyone sees the customer experience we want the customer to have, and we have to make sure it is one unified vision. Like, when you're going on the Otrium website, how do we want the customer to feel? How do we want them to behave if they face an issue? So that vision has to be shared with the whole company and every single person working at Otrium has to understand how their daily work fits in with that vision."
Watch the Episode
- In the next 5 years, customer experience is 45% of companies top priority.
- Investing in CX initiatives has the potential to double your revenue within 36 months.
- 86% of buyers are willing to pay more for a great customer experience.